4th

4th

My Soundtrack

As much as I’d like to believe in talking purple cats; however much I’d like to think that hot, sweaty men always walk away from gnarly explosions untouched and in slow motion, that the boy always gets the girl and that Kevin Bacon will somehow be my friend, lover or hair stylist someday, the sad truth is, that’s all the magic of cinema.

There are days in my life where I’d like think that I’ll open my front door and some heart throb will be standing there in the rain with diamonds and chocolate-covered gummi bears waiting to "Hollywood Kiss" me, but that hasn’t happened (yet.) I have walked into a sliding glass door on numerous occasions and not once has it even been kind of funny!  That stuff only happens in the movies. 

There are days when Zippity-freaking-Do-Da should be playing in my background, others when it should be Bitter Sweet Symphony, and a few could probably use a little Teen Spirit. The good news is the vast majority of my days are somewhere between Hakuna Matata and Mr. Blue Bird sitting on my shoulder. The better news is, however my life plays out, I am in complete control of it’s soundtrack and I'll take that over Kevin Bacon any day.

This track is currently playing in my background… on repeat. Before you listen, I should warn you, this song (and its lyrics) are completely amazeballs!

lylys

Ellie Goulding - This Love

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love this, Bish!

I promise the inevitable little spoon will get that "Hollywood Kiss" one day.

LYLYH
-Little Black Foot